Slow Cooker Chipotle Pulled-Pork SandwichesPrep: 30 min Cook: 8 hours Servings: 20by Robyn Savoie380 recipes>
Put a spicy spin on pulled pork...stir in chili powder and chipotle chilies in Adobo sauce.
- 1 Tbsp. Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 1/1 Tsp. Ground Mustard
- 3 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 3 Lbs. Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast, Trimmed of Fat
- 8 Oz. Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 Each Canned Chipotle Chiles, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Adobo Sauce From Chipotle Chiles
- 20 Each Onion Rolls, Split
- 5 Medium Avocados, Pitted And Mashed
- 1 Small Red Onion, Sliced Thin
- 3 Medium Tomatoes, Cored And Sliced Thin
- Spray 4 to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and chili powder. Reserve 2 teaspoons for tomato sauce mixture. Rub seasoning mixture over pork. Place pork in cooker. Sprinkle any remaining seasoning mixture that doesn't stick to pork over top of pork in cooker.
- Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Remove liquid from cooker; skim fat from liquid and reserve liquid. Cool pork slightly. With 2 forks, shred pork. Return to cooker. Stir tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons reserved seasoning, chipotle chilies and Adobo sauce into shredded pork; to taste if desired. If desired, stir in some of the reserved cooking liquid for desired moistness.
- Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 15 to 30 minutes longer or until hot. Spoon about 1/3 cup pork mixture onto bottom half of each bun. Place 3 tablespoons of avocado over top half of onion bun. Serve with tomato and onion slices.
- Pork mixture can be kept warm on Low heat setting up to 2 hours; stir occasionally.
- TIP: Try substituting chicken for the pork. I used 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, mixed the seasonings to recipe and used 1/8 cup with the chicken. Added 1/8 cup each diced fresh tomatoes, minced red onion and chicken broth for acidity.
Leave a review or comment