Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
I love chicken marsala but I hate the clean up. Just as tasty as tradition Marsala.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbls butter
- 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- Put the chicken breasts in a 5 quart crock pot. They can go in frozen, but make sure they don't overlap as much as possible.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, basil and garlic and sprinkle over chicken
- Pour wine and broth into the crockpot
- Dot the butter over chicken and dump the mushrooms on top
- Cook Low for 6 hours
- When done cooking, take the chicken out and place on serving dish, stir the sauce a little and then spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve over brown rice or pasta.
Leave a review or comment