Slow Cooked Beefy StewPrep: 15 min Cook: 90 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is my version of slow cooked beef stew. I like it this way, slowly cooked brings the delicious taste and the tender meat out of the beef.
- 1 lb. beef eye round roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tub Beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups baby potatoes, halved
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- Toss beef with flour; set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and brown beef.
- Remove beef from saucepot; set aside.
- Stir onions and garlic into same saucepot and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in Beef stock, water, Worcestershire sauce and beef.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until Stock is well dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until beef is almost tender.
- Stir in potatoes and carrots and peas.
- Let it simmer an additional 30 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Expect that the sauce will be very thick.
Leave a review or comment