Skinny Steak FajitasPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 8by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious recipe for fajitas, your search is over. I’m using lean flank steak and broiling the steak first, before cooking with seasonings, peppers and onions. The meat is so flavorful cooked this way! It’s so much fun to let everyone customize their own. Each steak fajita has 200 calories, 7 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. (see below for skinny facts not including tortilla)
- Ingredients for Fajitas:
- 1 pound flank steak
- Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, Lawry’s seasoning salt or salt and black pepper
- 1 large red or yellow onion cut into thin rings
- 2 red bell peppers or 1 red and 1 yellow, cut into slices (about 4 cups)
- 1(1.27 oz) package Lawry’s Fajita seasonings mix (do not use directions on pkg. follow instructions, below)
- ⅓ cup water plus 1 tablespoon.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Ingredients for Topping: (optional)
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Fat-free sour cream
- Shredded reduced-fat cheese
- Guacamole, optional
- Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place flank steak on foil. Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce, a little garlic powder, Lawry’s seasoning salt or just salt and a little pepper. Broil for about 4 minutes. Remove from oven, turnover, season again with Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, a little seasoning salt and pepper. Broil an additional 3-4 minutes until desired pinkness inside.
- Place steak on cutting board or plate. Save the juices on the pan to add to the fajitas. Slice steak into very thin strips. Be sure to slice against the grain. Set aside along with the pan juices.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or large plate, add all sliced peppers and onions. Cook about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and heat. Add cooked peppers and onions and saute over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes. Stir often. Add cooked, sliced steak and juices from foil. Stir in fajita seasoning mix and water. Blend well. Turn heat down to simmer and continue to cook for about 4 minutes until onions are very soft and mixture is very hot.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven for about 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Or, wrap tortillas in plastic wrap and heat in microwave for about 25 seconds.
- To serve: Spoon ½ cup of steak mixture down the center of each tortilla and let everyone top with their desired toppings. This recipe can easily be doubled and tripled. It also freezes great!
- Makes 8 fajitas (each serving-½ cup fajita and 1 corn tortilla)
Leave a review or comment