Skinny Red Velvet CakePrep: 15 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 16by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
It’s one of my favorites! So rich tasting and super moist. The skinny for 1 slice of this dreamy cake is 250 calories, 6.7 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. No need to wait for a birthday celebration, bake this dreamy cake soon. You’re gonna to love it!
- Cake Ingredients
- 1 (18.25 ounces) Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Cake Mix or Devil’s Food
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup warm water
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce red food coloring (1 bottle)
- 2 eggs, I love Egg-Land’s Best eggs
- 2 egg whites
- Skinny Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 4 ounces (½ of an 8 ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
- Sprinkles for decorating or mini semisweet chocolate chips, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray with flour, see shopping tip below.
- In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, combine all the cake ingredients except the eggs and whites. Beat well. Add the eggs and egg whites and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Fill Bundt pan and spread the batter evenly. Shake the pan a few times to make the batter is even on top.
- Bake for about 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes. Carefully loosen sides of cake with a flat knife or spoon before removing. Invert cake onto plate. Let it cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting-using a mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powder sugar, milk and mix until smooth. It should be somewhat thick.
- Drizzle the frosting all around the top of cooled cake. Decorate with sprinkles or mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
- SKINNY FACTS: for 1 slice (not including sprinkles)
- 250 calories, 6.7g fat, 3g protein, 44g carbs, 0g fiber, 342mg sodium, 31g sugar
Leave a review or comment