Skinny Mu Shu Lettuce WrapsPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 14by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
Wow…Wait until you taste this delectable recipe! It’s a low carb, calorie and fat variation of Mu Shu pork using lean ground turkey breast and lettuce leaves instead of white tortilla-like wrappers. Leftovers taste great reheated for lunch the next day. The skinny for each lettuce wrap, only 73 calories, 1 gram of fat and 2 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Here’s to a lunch, dinner or appetizer the whole family will enjoy!
- Ingredients for Wraps:
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, see shopping tip
- 1 tablespoon ginger (from a jar) or fresh grated ginger root, see shopping
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1½ cups shredded carrots
- 14 leaves Boston lettuce (about 1½ heads) washed, dried and leaves separated, see shopping tip
- Ingredients for Toppings:
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ⅓ cup Asian plum sauce (optional), see shopping tip
- Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Brown ground turkey over medium-high heat, breaking up the pieces. When cooked and cool enough to handle, break up turkey pieces until minced.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, ginger, apple juice, cabbage and carrots; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- To assemble each lettuce wrap: Spoon â cup of turkey filling onto 1 lettuce leaf. Add a little scallions on top of each. If desired, drizzle 1 teaspoon plum sauce over the top.
- Shopping Tipsâ¨-Most supermarkets sell in the produce section, plastic containers of Boston lettuce leaves. Youâll use about 1Â½ heads washed and dried. You need a total of 14 leaves for this recipe.
- Hoisin sauce can be found in the Asian section of the supermarket.
- Plum sauce can be found in the Asian section of the supermarket. Itâs totally optional to use and if you leave it out, these wraps still taste amazing!
- Weight Watchers (old points) 1â¨
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 2
- SKINNY FACTS: for 1 lettuce wrap (not including plum sauce)
- 73 calories, 1g fat, 9g protein, 8g carbs, 1g fiber, 179mg sodium, 4g sugar
Leave a review or comment