Skinny Mexican MeatloafPrep: 15 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 4by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
Get ready to make the most delicious meatloaf! Very different from a traditional one…It has all the great flavors of Mexican food in 1 skinny loaf. It’s so low in calories and fat thanks to using extra lean ground beef and free forming the loaf on a cookie sheet instead of baking in a loaf pan. Now all the fat oozes out onto the pan instead of staying in the meatloaf. The skinny for a generous 3 slice serving, 215 calories, 4 grams fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 1 cup red or yellow onions, chopped
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup corn (cut off the cob) or frozen, thawed
- ½ cup salsa plus ½ cup for topping, I love Pace Chunky Salsa (medium) or your favorite
- 1 ounce (~⅓ cup) crushed reduced-fat tortilla chips,
- 2 egg whites
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet or baking pan with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, onions, red bell pepper, corn, Â½ cup salsa, crushed tortilla chips, egg whites, and a little pepper. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Place meatloaf mixture in center of cookie sheet and shape into a 12 x 4 inch loaf by hand.
- Spread remaining Â½ cup salsa evenly over the top of loaf. Add more, if desired.
- Bake 1 hour and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Cut into 12 slices.
- Serves 4 (each serving 3 slices)
Leave a review or comment