SKINNY FACTS: for 1 breast with garlic sauce
188 calories, 4g fat, 23g protein, 20g carbs, 0g fiber, 152mg sodium, 18g sugar
Weight Watchers(old points) 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
For More Skinny Recipes, Please Join Me At: http://www.skinnykitchen.com
Skinny Garlic Chicken, Amazingly Easy and DeliciousPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
All you garlic lovers will LOVE this chicken…An instant hit and will have everyone wanting more! As it bakes, the garlic and sugar melt into a sweet glaze. This dish can be prepped in the morning, refrigerated, and baked just before serving. Each very tender chicken breast has 188 calories, 4 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. So yummy served with my recipe for Super Healthy, Garlic Sauteed Spinach or Skinny Garlic Green Beans. That’s truly all you’ll need!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic cloves, chopped, see shopping tip
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 pound total, each breast 4 ounces), see prep tip
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In small nonstick pan, add oil and garlic. Sauté garlic until tender about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and water.
- Place chicken breasts in the foiled lined baking dish. Cover with garlic and brown sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, to taste. At this point, you can place in refrigerator and store until ready to bake. If you store in refrigerator, it might take a little longer for the baking time.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes until chicken is completely cooked. Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken. Be sure to check for doneness after 15 minutes.
- To serve: Plate each breast and spoon a little sauce over each.
- Makes 4 chicken breast (each serving, 4 ounces of chicken with sauce)
Leave a review or comment