Skinny Apple Cinnamon Monkey BreadPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 16by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
If you love apples and desserts with apples in them, I think you’ll love this recipe! It’s a decadent, rich tasting sweet monkey bread. It makes a wonderful brunch treat or dessert and perfect for the holidays. One skinny serving has 196 calories, 7 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. So easy to make and freezes great.
- Cooking spray (with flour in it)
- 3 cups apples, peeled and diced small
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (12 oz each) cans Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits or Pillsbury Golden Layer Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits (100 calories for each biscuit)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl, toss together chopped apples, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Cook for 2 minutes to soften.
- In the meantime, in a pan, melt butter, brown sugar, water and vanilla. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and cook for 2 minutes. Stir often. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Quarter each biscuit from 1 package and roll each piece in about half the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place biscuit pieces layered evenly in Bundt pan. Spoon ½ of cooked apples evenly over the biscuits. Spoon ½ of cooked sauce over the apples and biscuit pieces.
- Quarter each biscuit from the 2nd package and roll each piece in remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place these remaining biscuit pieces layered evenly in Bundt pan. Add remaining cooked apples evenly over top of biscuits. Spoon remaining ½ of cooked sauce evenly over apples and biscuit pieces.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit for about 5 minutes. While still hot, carefully loosen sides and middle of pan. Invert onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm. Slice into 16 slices and let everyone pull their slice apart to eat.
- Makes 16 servings (It’s so decadent tasting 1/16 of the recipe is very satisfying)
Leave a review or comment