SIOMAI (CHINESE DUMPLINGS)Prep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 5by MARIA LOURDES V. LIPARDO-AYUB85 recipes>
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel (Lipardo's Global Kitchen) for more recipes and future raffle draws for giveaway prizes. This dish is part of a dim sum or traditional Chinese cuisine which can be found in Chinese fast food restaurants. I love steamed food because it's not greasy.
- 1/4 kg. chicken breast, minced
- 1/4 kg. shrimps, minced
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. MSG
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. cornstarch
- 1 egg
- dash salt
- Mix all the ingredients for fillings in a bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, egg and salt in a bowl. Knead for a few minutes.
- Mold dough into small balls. Flatten each ball by a rolling pin on a dusted board to form a circle.
- Take a tablespoon of fillings and place at the center of the wrapper. Gather all the edges of the wrapper and seal by twisting the edges of the pouch. Repeat the process.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with soy sauce.
Leave a review or comment