Simple green chicken
This is a full flavoured but healthy chicken curry from India, it is also a good meal for those with diabetes.You can make it as mild or spicy as you like by adding or taking away the hot chilli powder.Wonderful curry ideal for vegetarians.
- 140 g chicken
- 100 g spinach
- 2 green chillies
- 2 medium-sized onion
- 2 medium-sized tomato
- 1 tsp each of ginger and garlic crushed finely
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt as required
- Boil the spinach and blend it into a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in a vessel and fry the finely chopped onions until they turn golden brown.Add crushed ginger and garlic,saute for a minute or 2.
- Add the tomato and the green chilies, followed by the spice powders
- Add the chicken and cook till tender.
- When done, add the spinach puree and salt to taste
- Serve hot with brown rice or naan bread.
Leave a review or comment