Simoneaux's Cornbread Dressing
The yummiest cornbread dressing you'll ever taste! I got the recipe from my brother-in-law, who comes from a family full of great cooks!
- 1 fryer or giblet from turkey plus 3 chicken breasts
- 3 medium onions
- 1/2 large sweet pepper
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions
- 3 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- Bake cornbread according to directions on box, set aside.
- Boil chicken long with vegetables. Save stock.*
- Debone chickn and cut into pieces.
- Mix with cornbread using stock to moisten.
- Put into casserole dish.
- Back at 350 F till brown and set; about 20 minutes
- *you can also smother your chicken and veggies down together and then just use canned chicken broth instead of boiling chicken.
Leave a review or comment