Really tasty. Shrimp can stand on their own as an appetizer.
Shrimp TacosPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 12by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
These shrimp are easy to make and absolutely delicious. While I enjoy them in these tacos immensely, they would also be great served over rice with beans on the side. They simply melt in your mouth!
- 1.5 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 2 tsp chili powder or ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- 24 corn tortillas
- Refried or whole pinto beans
- Mix the mayonnaise and yogurt in a small bowl and set aside or refrigerate. Prepare the cabbage and cilantro, put in small bowls, and set aside.
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, salt, and olive oil in a medium bowl and mix well with a fork or whisk.
- Pat shrimp dry and add to the bowl, stirring to coat thoroughly.
- Heat a medium or large saute pan on high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook on high heat about 2 minutes on one side. Then turn and cook for about 1 mintue on the other side and remove from pan. (feel free to grill the shrimp if you prefer, about the same amount of time per side). You will probably need to do in two batches. Set the cooked shrimp aside.
- Heat two corn tortillas at a time in the large saute pan over medium high heat for about 45 seconds, turn once and remove after another 45 seconds or so.
- Place two tortillas, one inside of the other, add a spoonful of the mayonnaise/sour cream mixture, 3-4 shirmp, a handful of cabbage and the cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge. Repeat. Should make 12-16 tacos.
- Other options include...add a small spoon of beans to the taco, serve sliced avocado or guacamole, serve pico de gallo or other salsa. My preference though is to keep is simple so the delicious flavor of the shrimp comes through!
Leave a review or comment