Shrimp Jambalaya with GritsPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Mary Shaldibina35 recipes>
This is light, delicious and very original dinner recipe.
- 2 Tbsp flour
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces frozen okra, thawed and patted dry
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 c. quick-cooking grits
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- One 28-once can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, chopped
- In a medium bowl, season the flour with salt and pepper. Add the okra and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Add the okra and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 3 to 5 mins. Transfer the okra to a plate and reserve the skillet.
- In a small saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Stir in the grits, lower the heat, cover and simmer until thickened, about 7 minutes. Stir in 4 Tbsp butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in the reserved skillet, melt the remaining 1 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cayenne. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until the mixture is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium, add the shrimp and simmer until the shrimp are just cooked, about 3 minutes. Stir in the okra and season with salt and pepper. Serve over grits.
Leave a review or comment