Shrimp In Moroccan Style Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp. grnd cumin
- 2 tsp grnd coriander
- 1 x chopped fresh lime leaf or possibly 1 tsp. chopped lime zest
- 28 ounce (can) minced tomatoes, liquid removed, or possibly 3 c. minced fresh tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lb peeled shrimp
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges
- Put extra virgin olive oil in a deep skillet and turn heat to medium-high. A minute later, add in ginger and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add in spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add in tomatoes and salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, till mix is nearly dry, about 15 min.
- Add in shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally, till shrimp are cooked through, 5 - 10 min.
- Adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve over white rice, garnished with cilantro and accompanied by lime wedges.
Leave a review or comment