Shrimp and Pork pattiesPrep: 40 min Cook: 6 min Servings: 4by Peter Brown100 recipes>
I was fooling around with fresh caught Shrimp and found this recipe on Iafrica. it has a Thai background , These tasty balls are easy to make and they are delicious as snacks, starters and even as a main meal. They go particularly well with dips and sauces, pasta or noodles and even rice.
- 500g pork mince
- 200g prawn meat or small, peeled and cooked prawns
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaf
- 2 tablespoons coarse bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon coarsely crushed cashew nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and very finely chopped
- Canola oil for shallow frying
- Mix all the ingredients except bread crumbs together well and then shape into the size of golf balls.
- You can leave them round, or flatten them to patty shape.
- Dip in bread crumbs.
- Although you can fry them straight away they hold their shape better if you chill them first for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry the balls until just done.
- Remove balls from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet chilli or a sweet and sour sauce.
- You can serve them on their own, with a salad or with rice vermicelli, soaked in boiling water to soften,
Leave a review or comment