Shredded Zucchini and Black Bean SaladPrep: 10 min Servings: 6by Catherine Pappas920 recipes>
The days grow shorter; though summer lingers gently on. Here is a light salad to enjoy those evenings by.
- 2 zucchini – shredded with skin
- 1 vine ripe tomato – diced
- ½ red onion – sliced thin
- 15 oz. can of black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 clove of garlic – chopped fine
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- In a medium sized bowl combine the zucchini, onion, tomato and garlic.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add them to the salad; add the seasonings and toss gently.
- In a small cup combine the lemon juice and olive oil and stir. Pour over the salad and once again give a toss.
Leave a review or comment