Shiitake and Chive DumplingsPrep: 8 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 24by Renu Guru167 recipes>
Get all hands on deck for making dumplings - the interaction of making and eating together a fun way of entertaining. These vegetarian dumplings are stuffed with shiitake mushrooms and chives, mixed in with classic Asian flavour combination of ginger, coriander, soy sauce and sesame oil. Serve with a simple dipping sauce.
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- • 1 Tbsp oil
- • 1 cup garlic chives, very thinly sliced
- • 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- • 150g shiitaki mushrooms, chopped finely
- • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- • ¼ cup chopped coriander
- • 24 dumpling wrappers
- Dipping sauce
- • 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- • ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1. In a frying pan heat the oils, add the chives and cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until soft. Add the ginger and mushrooms and cook until they are reduced and the liquid has all gone. Remove and cool.
- 2. Add the soy sauce and coriander.
- 3. Lay the wrappers on the bench and brush the edges with water. Place 1 Tbs of filling in each. Gather the sides and pinch together. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 4. Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil. Place the dumplings in a few at a time and cook for 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon being careful not to tear the dumplings.
- 5. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
Leave a review or comment