SHERYL’S SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS MACARONI SALAD
SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS MACARONI SALAD ANYTIME!
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- pinch of Dill Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water, and drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together the carrots, red onion, orange, yellow and red pepper and celery. Mix in the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper. Add the macaroni, toss gently, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. I usually make this a day ahead of time, and stir it occasionally to blend the flavors. The macaroni will absorb some of the liquid.
- TIPS: You can add fresh crab or shrimp to make it simply delectable!!! You just have to eat it faster as the seafood wonât last as long as the salad alone would.
Leave a review or comment