Scone Cheese Straws
- 2 c. Defiance Classic Scone & Damper Mix
- 1/4 c. minced chives
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
- powdered mustard
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c. lowfat milk, (approximate)
- 1 . Combine scone mix, chives, half the parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and seasonings in a bowl.
- 2. Add in sufficient lowfat milk to make a soft but manageable dough.
- 3. Knead dough lightly on a floured board, roll out in a square 28 cm x 28 cm.
- 4. Cut into 12 strips, cut in half, twist and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 5. Brush with lowfat milk and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake in a very warm oven (230C) for 12 to 15 min.
Leave a review or comment