Scallops & Shrimp with Yellow RiceCook: 30 min Servings: 4by Mary Shaldibina35 recipes>
Bright, colorful and weeknight simple, this seafood entree is special enough for company, too.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb by scallops
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add rice and turmeric; stir to coat. Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 mins or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 mins or until shrimp turn pink.
Leave a review or comment