Scallion and Goat Cheese MuffinsPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 12by Lyndsey12 recipes>
Easy appetizer or dinner roll
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces soft mild goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 bunch scallions
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F. and butter twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups.
- In a small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons milk and goat cheese until well combined.
- Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Melt butter and in another small bowl whisk together with remaining milk and egg.
- Finely chop enough scallions to measure 1 cup.
- Stir butter mixture and scallions into flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide half of batter evenly among muffin cups and top each with about 2 teaspoons goat cheese filling.
- Divide remaining batter over filling.
- Bake muffins in middle of oven until golden and a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Leave a review or comment