Sausage & Sauerkraut Baked CasserolePrep: 12 min Cook: 32 min Servings: 6by "Cheffie Cooks"518 recipes>
Great easy casserole any weeknight! My family loves this dish.
- 22 ounces refrigerated sauerkraut (can use jarred)
- 8 ounces crumbled sausage (I use a breakfast sausage)
- one small onion diced finely
- one teaspoon caraway seeds
- one celery stalk, diced finely
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (or Panko)
- In a saute pan add butter and diced onions saute until translucent, add celery, caraway seeds and stir gently on low heat. Add crumbled (I use larger chunks) sausage and cook until browned. Transfer to a non stick baking dish, add sauerkraut and stir well, add bread crumbs (or Panko) to the top and pop into a 350 F oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment