Sausage, Potato and Kale SoupServings: 8by Kyra Martin119 recipes>
This soup was incredibly easy and really tasty. It's also very easy to adapt to fit your tastes.
- 1 lb italian sausage, spicy or sweet, chicken or pork, with the casing removed, either is fine
- 2 T butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- 2 bunched kale, with the stems removed and cut into pieces (You could also use spinach)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- about 2 cups potatoes, sliced (It really depends on what size potato you use how many you need)
- 8 c chicken stock
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- In a large pot, cook the sausage over medium heat until cooked through and crumbly. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the butter, onions and garlic. Cook until translucent making sure to scrap up any bits off the bottom.
- Add the salt, pepper and red pepper flake. Cook with the onions until they are golden brown.
- Add the kale and wilt it down. Stir in the nutmeg.
- Add the sausage back in and the potatoes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender and the flavors have blended. Add more seasonings if you wish.
- Finish with heavy cream and serve hot!
Leave a review or comment