SambarPrep: 1 hours Cook: 3 hours Servings: 6by miansari6614 recipes>
Sambar is a very common and popular South Indian and Sri Lankan Dish. Tamil people like it very much.
- Tur Dal (Arhar ki dal) 100 g
- Mixed vegetable (Sojni Ki Phalli/Okra/Loki/Turnip/Potato/Brinjal), chopped 200-300 g
- Tomatoes chopped 1
- Onion chopped 1
- Green Chillies chopped 5
- Tamarind soaked in water 25 gram
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder to taste
- Mustard powder 1 teaspoon
- Methi dana powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Haldi powder1 teaspoon
- Aamchoor powder 1 teaspoon
- Gurr (Jaggery) 2 teaspoon
- Heing 2 pinch
- Tarka (Temering material): Oil 2 tablespoon, Red Chilli whole 3-5, Mustard whole 1 teaspoon, Cumin seed whole 1 teaspoon, Karhi patta 8-10
- Boil Tur dal in enough water till tender (It can take 2-3 hour to full tender)
- Add vegetables, tomatoes, onion, green chillies and spices. Cook on medium flame till vegetables are tender.
- Now add soaked tamarind and adjust salt and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Now Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a frying pan add mustard, when starts poping add Red chilli whole, Karhi patta and cumin whole fry for few minute and then pour over prepared sambhar curry.
- Delicious Sambar is ready.
- Serve with Paparr/Papad/Papadum, boiled rice and Mango/Tomato chutney or with Pickle.
Leave a review or comment