Salted Fish And Vegetable SoupPrep: 40 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
unique and tasty soup with a hint of saltiness.
- 50g threadfin/kurau salted fish - soaked and rinsed before cutting into small pieces
- 1 small bunch bok choy/Chinese cabbage - sliced into big pieces (or any other green veggies)
- 3 tofu pok or white tofu - sliced into 2 or 3 pieces
- 2 potatoes - cut into medium size pieces
- 4 shallots - sliced thinly
- 5 garlic - crushed
- 1 tsp anchovy’s granules (optional)
- Spring onions for garnishing
- Pepper for taste
- 4 tbsp oil
- In the heated oil, fry shallots till crispy. Remove and keep aside.
- Fry salted fish in the same oil. Remove and keep aside.
- Add garlic and potatoes.
- Stir and fry for a few minutes until both are lightly browned.
- Pour 1/2 liter of water and add granules.
- Stir and continue to simmer till potatoes are cooked.
- Put in bok choy and tofu.
- Simmer for another 1-2 mins.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- To serve, pour soup in a bowl.
- Top with fried salted fish and garnish with fried shallots and spring onions.
Leave a review or comment