Salsa VerdePrep: 5 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 8by Rocio Herbert11 recipes>
Traditional Mexican Green Salsa.
- 1 lb fresh tomatillos, peeled
- 4 to 6 Serrano Chilies
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan and on medium heat, cook tomatillos and chilies with enough water to cover.
- Cook until the color of the tomatillos become pale. They should become soft, but not to the point of falling apart.
- Put mixture in a blender with garlic and salt. Add about a cup of cooking liquid to reach the desired consistency. Add the cilantro at the end. Serve hot or cold.
Leave a review or comment