Salmon steaks with sweet potatoesPrep: 10 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 2by Spoonof27 recipes>
Salmon steaks with sweet potatoes are one of the first dishes that comes to my mind when I’m thinking what to make for lunch. Let’s start with that I just love salmon. The biggest plus of this fish is that you need to have some ability to make it not tasty. I have never ever tried a salmon that would taste not delicious! Most of the time I just pour some lemon juice, sprinkle some salt, pepper and let it fry for a dozen of minutes. That’s all! When you want something more interesting, serve salmon as steaks. This time I tried it with sweet potato (batata).
- 350g of Salmon
- 1 Sweet potato
- 4 Spring onions
- 2 tablespoons of Chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of Grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of Capers
- 1 Egg
- pinch of Salt
- 1,5 teaspoon of Pepper
- 150ml of Greek yogurt
- for decoration Lemon slices
- Bake salmon in the oven and let it cool. Put sweet potato in boiling water, when it get's soft, take it out of the water and smash it. Take a large bowl, put there smashed potato, chopped salmon, sieved capers, chopped spring onions, 1 tablespoon of dill, mustard, 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, capers, salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour a whipped egg and mix well.
- Heat oven to 180 ° C. Put some baking paper on baking tray and form small balls of salmon puree. Cook it for 25 - 30 minutes, till steaks get roasted.
- While the steaks are baking, prepare a sauce - mix greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of dill, 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Serve salmon with sauce and lemon slices. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment