Salmon Potato White Bean loafServings: 6by Foodessa345 recipes>
Transform the humdrum canned SALMON with enthusiasm into a versatile Salmon Potato White Bean loaf. For a dedicated post...refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2018/01/canned-salmon-recipes-with-pizzazz.html
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- .> Part-1
- . 1 xLarge egg
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) grain mustard
- . 2 tsps. (10ml) Balsamic vinegar
- . 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) sea salt
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) granulated Garlic powder
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) each of dried herbs: Basil, Marjoram, Tarragon
- . >> Part-2
- . 1 can ( 7.5 oz. / 213g) sockeye salmon, drained (or fresh cooked salmon~ 3/4 cup / 210g)
- . 1 cup (210g) mashed potatoes
- . 1 cup (200g) cooked white beans *
- . 1 cup (60g) dry breaded crumb
- . 1/4 cup (40g) roasted almonds, crushed
- . 1/4 cup (40g) sun flower seeds
- . 1/4 cup (15g) ground flaxseed or Chia or Hemp seeds
- . * The beans can be replaced by cooked, steel-cut oats.
- . Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas4. Position rack in the center of the oven. Oil an oven-proof standard size loaf dish.
- . In a medium-large bowl, beat together the ingredients from Part-1. Afterwards, add and combine the rest of the ingredients from Part-2.
- . Spoon the mix into the prepared, oiled oven-proof dish. Smoothen the surface and flatten to compress. Cover it with an aluminium foil.
- . BAKE for the initial 30 minutes. Then, remove the foil and continue baking uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- . Afterwards, let it cool for at least 15 minutes before passing a knife around the edges. Then, place a flat surface over top and flip it while the loaf slowly falls out. Slice thickly and serve.
- . Can be enjoyed warm as well as cold. Keeps refrigerated for about 5 days.
- It can also be frozen in slices and plastic wrapped. Place into a freezer container.
- Serving suggestion: Goes very well with any flavoured Onion jam or Yogurt based sauces.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment