Rum CakeServings: 12by CookEatShare Cookbook41608 recipes>
Delicious Bacardi Rum Cake recipe!
- 1 1/2 c. pecans or possibly black walnuts, minced
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 sm. boxes French vanilla instant pudding
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/2 c. cool water
- 1/2 c. Wesson oil
- 1/2 c. Bacardi Dark rum (80 proof)
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. Bacardi dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 10 inch tube pan. Sprinkle 1 c. of nuts over bottom of pan. Mix all cake ingredients together including 1/2 c. nuts. Pour batter over nuts and bake for 1 hour. Cold. Put on serving plate and brush glaze proportionately over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb and repeat till all the glaze is used up.
- To mix glaze heat butter in saucepan, stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 min, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum.
Leave a review or comment