ROYAL SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
- 2 (10 1/2 oz)cans condensed cream of shrimp soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt, white pepper, seasoned salt, ground nutmeg, and cayenne
- 3 pounds raw shrimp, cooked and cleaned
- 1 (71/2 oz) can crabmeat, drainted
- 1 (5 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked white long grain rice, cooked until dry & fluffy
- slivered almonds
- Blend soup into mayonnaise in a large bowl. Stir until smooth
- Add onion, then milk.
- Now begin seasoning; use a heavy hand because the rice is bland and so it the seafood.
- when mixture is well seasoned, combine other ingredients
- excep paprika and slivered almonds
- check seasonings; add a few tablespoons of milk if mixture is dry;
- it should be moist.
- turn into large, shallow buttered casserole
- sprinkle with paprika and scatter almonds generously over top
- bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or
- until hot and bubbly.
- freezes well
Leave a review or comment