Rosemary-scented lentils and sausagePrep: 60 min Servings: 6by Kimberly Lindstrom9 recipes>
Best. lentils. Ever.
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups petite green lentils
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups minced yellow onion (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup minced carrot (about 1 medium)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot paprika
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Combine 4 cups water, broth, and lentils in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook 30 minutes or until almost tender.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, rosemary, and garlic to pan. SautÃ© 10 minutes or until tender. Add sausage; cook 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add tomato paste and remaining ingredients; cook for 1 minute or until heated. Add sausage mixture to lentils; bring to a boil. Cook 30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
Leave a review or comment