Rosemary & Orange Roast Chicken
- 1 fresh whole chicken - 5-6 lbs.
- 2 sticks carrots - chopped
- 2 stalks celery - chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ orange
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- S&P to taste
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large roasting pan, toss carrots and celery along with the chicken giblets.
- In a small glass bowl, combine rosemary, olive oil, orange juice, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper. Whisk together and rub all over the chicken, under the skin and inside the cavity.
- Sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Pour about 2 cups of water into the roasting pan and place in the oven.
- Bake until the chicken is golden and juices run clear, approximately 40 minutes.
- **NOTE: check periodically to make sure the broth has not evaporated. If necessary, add another 1-2 cups of water.
Leave a review or comment