Root Beer Float Cookies
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Packed brown sugar
- 1 c. Butter or possibly margarine, softened
- 1/2 c. Buttermilk
- 2 x Large eggs
- 2 tsp Root beer extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 c. Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 c. Powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Margarine or possibly butter softened
- 1 Tbsp. Lowfat milk or possibly cream
- 1 tsp Root beer extract
- FOR COOKIES In a large bowl combine the sugars,butter, buttermilk, Large eggs, root beer extract and vanilla. Beat at medium speed till fully blended.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt; beat on low speed till soft dough forms.
- Drop dough onto lightly greased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake in 375-degree oven 10 to 12 min. Remove from sheet and cold completely.
- Makes 4 to 5 dozen. Frost when completely cold.
- FOR THE FROSTING
- Combine sugar, butter or possibly margarine, lowfat milk or possibly cream and root beer extract in a small mixing bowl. Beat at low speed till smooth, adding more lowfat milk in small amounts, if needed to make frosting spreadable. Frost tops of cooled cookies.
Leave a review or comment