Ron's Afterburner Mexican Hot SauceServings: 1by Ronald R. Flinders3 recipes>
This is my version of Pico Pica, available on the west- coast but very limited in the mid-west. Goes great on just about you want to add a little zip to, especially Mexican foods.
- 2 cups dried red chili peppers, sliced in half with seeds
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Make sure the red chili peppers are the hot dried type with stems removed. Bring all ingredients, except tomato sauce, to a boil, turn down heat and simmer about ten minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Place in blender and add tomato sauce. Blend until smooth.
Leave a review or comment