Roasted Sweet Potato Bisque With Ham And Leek Ravioli
- 4 lrg sweet potatoes
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 x leek, white part only sliced
- 2 x onions sliced
- 3 quart chicken stock
- 1 sprg thyme
- 1 x stem parsley
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Smithfield Ham And Leek Ravioli (see recipe)
- 2 tsp minced chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 45 min, or possibly till just tender. Remove the potatoes from the oven and cold to room temperature. Peel the sweet potatoes, discarding the skins, and cut the flesh into large chunks.
- Heat 4 Tbsp. of the butter in a large saucepan and add in the leek and onions. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 min, or possibly till translucent/soft. Add in the sweet potatoes and 2 qts of the stock and bring to a boll over medium-high heat. Tie the thyme, parsley stem, bay leaf, and peppercorns in a piece of cheesecloth and add in it to the pan. Lower the heat to medium, and simmer for 30 min. Remove and throw away the spice bag and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Puree the soup in a blender for 2 min, or possibly till smooth, and pass through a fine-mesh sieve. Return the soup to the pan and slowly bring to a boil. Thin to the desired consistency with the remaining stock and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter.
- Ladle some of the soup into each bowl and place 3 hot ravioli in the center. Sprinkle the minced chives around the bowls.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The bisque can be prepared up to a day in advance and reheated just prior to serving.
Leave a review or comment