Roasted Spiced Nuts
A nice treat anytime and especially for the year end holiday season.
- 1 cup each of raw (not salted) pecans, cashews, almonds, walnuts (substitute other kinds of raw nuts if you like).
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp each of:
- Oregano (fresh or dried)
- If you have fresh herbs you can use them:
- 30-35 sage leaves torn into pieces
- 20cm sprig of rosemary, stripped from the stem and chopped up
- Sage to taste
- Put the nuts, olive oil, and herbs in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Spread on a pan.
- Put in the oven at 100C for 3 hours (stir one per hour)
- Let cool, store in airtight container.
- Unrefrigerated, can keep for about 3 days.
- In the fridge - longer - I’ve kep them up to a couple of weeks.
- If in a rush, you can bake at 300C, but only for about 10 minutes. Watch carefully as the nuts will burn at this higher temperature.
Leave a review or comment