Roasted Pumpkin Seed SaucePrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 2by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
This recipe for Pumpkin Seed Sauce makes more than you'll need, leftover sauce is delicious with chips, wrapped in warm tortillas or used like mayonnaise on roast chicken and grilled sandwiches.
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Canned Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce, Minced
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Cup Scallions, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, Minced
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place pumpkin seeds on baking sheet; toast 20 minutes, shaking frequently after 10 minutes to prevent burning. Remove from oven; cool.
- Place seeds in blender or food processor; purée with chipotle and tomatoes, scraping down container as needed. Add water and lime juice to blender; process until mixed. Add oil and salt; process until creamy sauce forms.
- Transfer sauce to medium bowl. Gently stir in green onions and cilantro.
Leave a review or comment