Roasted Duck with ApplesPrep: 25 min Cook: 3 hours Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Saw this version of roated duck and I find it interesting to add apples to flavor the dish.
- 2.2-pound duckling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, for brushing
- 1 Fuji apple, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Defrost the duck for at least 12 hours or overnight, remove the giblets, the neck, liver, and kidney from the cavity. Wash the duck with water and drain. Pat the duck dry with paper towels
- Preheat oven (or turbo broiler) to 250ºF. Season the duck skin with salt, pepper, and ginger, and rub the cavity with the seasonings carefully. Prick the skin with a sharp knife or a skewer, making sure not to cut the meat. Just make small cuts into the skin to release the fat underneath it.
- Lay the duck in a roasting pan, breast side down, then place it in the oven and roast for 3 hours. At the end of the roasting process, turn the breast side up and brush it with butter. Stick the apples in the cavity and roast at 350ºF for another 20 minutes.
- Let the duck rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- TIP: Slow-roasting the duck at a low temperature will crisp up the skin and keep the meat juicy.
Leave a review or comment