Roasted almonds with Quinoa, Flax and Sunflower seedPrep: 5 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 16by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
This is a great, healthy snack that we had up in Park City this week. We all munched happily all week, and got so much more nutrition from it than we would have from most packaged snacks. Super easy to make and beautiful too!
- 3 cups whole, raw almonds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl mix egg whites, honey, salt and spices.
- Add nuts, seeds and quinoa and stir to coat.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 325F until dry (about 30 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Scrape them off the pan while they are cooling so they don't stick.
- Put in an attractive bowl and serve!
Leave a review or comment