Ricotta Gnocchi in Lemon Butter SaucePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Renu Guru167 recipes>
Everything tastes better with butter — even the smallest addition has the ability to make a dish truly sing. In this simple, summery recipe, ricotta and herb gnocchi is simmered until tender, tossed in a lemony butter sauce, and then finished with a small handful of finely chopped Italian parsley. Easy to prepare, this delightful meal looks as vibrant as it tastes.
- 2 cups ricotta
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 3 eggs yolks
- A large handful of fresh chives and Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp fine sea salt
- 1½ cups plain flour
- For the lemon butter sauce:
- 80g unsalted butter
- Juice of one lemon
- A large handful of Italian flat leaf parsley, finely sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, egg yolks, herbs, nutmeg and salt. Mix in the flour gradually, until a soft dough forms, be careful not to over mix.
- 2. Using a floured surface, divide the dough in to fist size pieces, and roll in to 2cm thick strings. Slice each string in to 2cm pieces, and dust with a little extra flour.
- 3. Place in the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes or so, before cooking.
- 4. Heat the butter in a pan, until slightly fragrant and golden. Add the lemon juice, parsley, and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Swirl until combined, and then set aside.
- 5. To cook the gnocchi, simply cook in boiling salted water, until they rise to the top. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the gnocchi in to the sauce, ladle in to shallow bowls, and serve immediately. Sprinkle with a little extra parsley if you like.
Leave a review or comment