Ricotta Cheese Pancakes
Light, airy, lightly sweetened, these are the perfect brunch (or anytime) treat. No syrup necessary--they're yummy on their own.
- 3/4 C. unbleached flour
- 4 T. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 C. Ricotta cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 C. milk
- 3 egg whites
- Whisk together dry ingred (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) & sift to make more airy/light
- Beat 1 minute together in separate bowl: ricotta, egg yolks
- Alternately add a little of flour mixture (step #1) and milk to the ricotta/egg yolk mixture until well-incorporated.
- Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into ricotta mixture (Step #3)
- Heat 1 T. butter or oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook pancakes until light golden brown on each side. Re-grease pan as necessary while cooking pancakes. Keep cooked pancakes warm in oven until ready to serve.
Leave a review or comment