Ricotta And Spinach Gnocchi ( Gnocchi Verdi Con Ricotta)
- 50 gm butter
- 1 bn fresh marjoram
- 500 gm blanched spinach leaves squeezed dry
- sea salt
- 300 gm fresh ricotta cheese
- 90 gm plain flour
- 3 x egg yolks
- 1/2 x nutmeg grated
- 150 gm parmesan freshly grated
- sage butter (qv)
- Heat the butter add in the marjoram and cook for a minute.
- Add in the spinach and stir to combine the flavours.
- Season leave to cold then chop roughly.
- In a large bowl lightly beat the ricotta with a fork then sieve in the flour.
- Add in the egg yolks the nutmeg and parmesan and finally mix in the cooled spinach mix till well combined.
- Taster for seasoning.
- Dust a baking tray with flour.
- Using 2 dessert spoons take a small spoonful of mix and using the one spoon mould the mix so which it forms a gnoccho.
- Place on the floured baking tray.
- The gnocchi should all be the same size about 2cm diameter.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Gently place the gnocchi in the water in batches it is important not to overcrowd the pan.
- When the gnocchi come back to the surface remove carefully with a slotted spoon and briefly place the spoon on kitchen paper to drain off excess water.
- Serve immediately in hot plates with sage butter and extra parmesan
- We have adapted the traditional recipe by adding marjoram to the spinach and reducing the amount of flour that results in lighter gnocchi.
- Serves 6
Leave a review or comment