Restaurant style chick pea gravy|Channa batura gravyPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Lourdes Princy14 recipes>
Thick spicy chick pea gravy to go with breads and indian flat breads.
- For the channa gravy you need
- Chana/chick peas 1cup
- Ginger 1/2 inch piece finely chopped
- Garlic 3 pods finely chopped
- Onion 1 large finely chopped
- Tomato 1 large finely chopped
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Chana masala or curry powder or coriander pwoder 1 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- To grind to a fine paste (take this from the above ingredients when chopped)
- Few boiled chana 2 tablespoons
- Onion 1 tablespoon
- Tomato 1tablespoon
- Ginger garlic half a tsp each - See more at:
- Soak the channa over night and drain the soaked water, now pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles. Allow to cool and take few cooked chana and grind the above paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, onions and fry well. Add the finely chopped ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add tomatoes fry well until almost mashed.
- Add the ground masala and fry well for 2-3 minutes until the onions lose the raw smell.
- Add the powders and add half cup of water.(use water added to cook the channa) Add the cooked channa add salt to taste ( i have already added salt to cook the chana so add just enough for the gravy else it will be excess).
- COver and cook for 5-10 minutes.Turn off the heat. Delicious creamy restaurant style channa masala is ready to go with hot baturas. - See more at:
Leave a review or comment