Red Velvet CheesecakePrep: 20 min Cook: 85 min Servings: 8by Meg Smith2 recipes>
This treat is so delicious, it is a must have on special occasions at my house. My husband loves cheesecake and my fave is red velvet- this Red Velvet Cheesecake is an excellent marriage of the two!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 (1-ounce) bottles red food coloring
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar;
- press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar at medium-low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute.
- Add eggs and next 6 ingredients, mixing on low speed just until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325Â° for 10 minutes;
- reduce heat to 300Â°, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is firm.
- Run knife along outer edge of cheesecake.
- Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven;
- cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Beat 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth;
- gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake.
- Remove sides of springform pan.
- Garnish, if desired.
Leave a review or comment