Red Beans BurgerPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 3by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
This Red Beans Burger are perfect vegetarian version of Turkey/Ham Burger and full of healthy ingredients, now I indulge myself in this junk food once in a week without any guilt about the calories I am consuming. Sometimes I use these patties instead of Falafel in my wraps, topped with loads of salad dressing and greens, which is totally divine!!!
- For Burger Patty:
- ⅓ Cup Red Kidney Beans, soaked for 2 - 3 hours in water
- ¼ Cup Soya Mince, boiled and drained
- ¼ Cup Oats, Powdered + 2 Tbsp
- ¼ Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt, as per taste
- ¼ Cup Hudson Canola Oil for Shallow Frying
- Yogurt Sauce:
- ¼ Cup hung yogurt (you can also use greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional)
- Few sprigs of Chives and Parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, as per taste
- Other Ingredients:
- 3 Medium Burger Buns
- Greens - Any choice of lettuce, baby spinach, arugula or clover sprouts
- Sliced tomatoes, cucumber, Gherkin, Onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Olive oil for brushing
- Cheese Slice
- Burger Patties:
- Pressure cook red beans in 1 Cup water until soft and mushy. Drain in colander and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Bring ingredients of burger patty together in a bowl. Mix well using spatula or hand. Divide into 3 equal parts. Make sure there is no excess water in cooked beans and soya mince.
- Take one part in hand. Using both hands roll into a ball. Press between palms to make a flat 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick patties. Pop in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Before cooking coat patties in 2 tbsp powdered oats.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and pour canola oil. Cook patties both sides until crispy from outside, for about 10 minutes.
- Yogurt Sauce:
- Whisk ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside for later.
- Cut the Burger Buns into half. Brush the cut sides of buns with oil. Place on hot pan. Lightly toast for 30 seconds.
- Spread cheese slice on bottom half of bun followed by lettuce leaves, burger patty then spoonful of yoghurt sauce. Place tomato, onion and greens topped by the top roll half.
- Enjoy the junk without any calorie guilts!!!
Leave a review or comment