Rava Idli SqauresPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
After living in South from past few years one thing in me has definitely changed, my breakfast habits, I have become huge fan of South Indian breakfast and I think I have tasted breakfast of almost each and every kind of South Indian breakfast joint in Bangalore as well as Chennai. There is something very succulent and satisfying about sweet and spicy sambhar, humble chutney and dosa/idli, which with every bite make me crave for more.
- 2 Cup Soulfull Instant Rava Idli Mix
- 2 Cup Curd
- ¼ Cup water
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- 1/4 Cup processed cheese, grated
- ½ Cup bread crumbs
- To serve:
- Green chutney
- Cherry tomato, cut into half
- A fistful of chopped coriander
- Half lemon
- Prepare your dhokla steamer and set aside. Grease the steaming plate with little oil.
- To prepare rava idli batter follow the instructions given in the package. Add water and grated cheese to the batter and mix nicely with spatula so that no lumps remain at the bottom.
- Batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Pour batter into the greased plate and put it in the steamer. Close the lid and steam for 10 minutes. I did this in microwave so it took me exactly 8 minutes.
- Do not open the steamer immediately, let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Open the steamer insert toothpick and check if idli is cooked.
- Turn into a clean plate and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and coat each piece in bread crumb on both sides, this is totally optional.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan, oil should be well heated else cutlets will absorb too much oil.
- Shallow fry each piece until golden brown on both sides. Remove on a clean kitchen towel.
- To serve, add a teaspoon of chutney on each piece along with a slice of cherry tomato.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and drizzle juice of lemon. Serve hot.
Leave a review or comment