RatatouillePrep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 1by Carol E. Smith15 recipes>
Easy and tasty. Did I mention that it's an easy recipe?
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 large cloves garlie, crushed
- 1/2 to 2/3 cups olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large tomatores, wedged
- 1/4 c parsley
- Sprinkle eggplant and zucchini with salt.
- Drain on paper towels 20 minutes and then pat dry.
- Cook eggplant and garlic, half at a time in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet until crisp-tender, adding more oil if needed.
- Remove eggplant to 13x9 baking dish.
- Cook zucchini until crisp-tender, adding oil as needed.
- Layer zucchini over eggplant.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of cheese.
- Cook onions and mushrooms separately, adding more oil to skillet, if necessary.
- Layer remaining ingredients over zucchini, sprinkling each layer with cheese as follows: 1/2 the mushrooms, half of the parsley, onion, tomatores, and remaining mushrooms and parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees until vegetables are done but still tender-crisp, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Leave a review or comment