Rainforest Cafe Caribo Coconut Chicken With Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless - 1/2" thick
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 c. flaked coconut
- 1 c. corn starch
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 x Large eggs -- beaten
- 1/4 c. water
- Deep fryer or possibly deep skillet
- Vegetable Oil (for deep frying)
- Rainforst Cafe Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/3 c. honey mustard
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Trim chicken breast so the pcs will measure 4" long and about 2 1/2" wide. Sprinkles sugar and salt over chicken breast and place in a zip lock bag and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hrs. When chicken breast are ready to be prepared, rinse lightly and drain. Place coconut,corn starch, and flour in a bowl and mix well. In separate bowl place beaten Large eggs and add in water. Blend well. Have oil warm and ready to fry chicken breast. Dip chicken breast in egg wash and then place chicken breast in coconut mix, coated well. Carefully place chicken in warm oil and cook till lightly golden brown. Remove and place on a paper towel. When frying chicken don't crowd and keep a check on the oil so it does not burn.
- Rainforest Cafe Honey Mustard Dressing:Mix mustard, mayonnaise and cayenne pepper together and blend well.
- Place in a covered container and chill till ready to use.
- NOTES: The coconut chicken was served with the honey mustard on top of the chicken pcs, we have elected to serve the sauce on the side. For presentation and tasty side compliment: Slice a ripe pineapple in 1/8" pcs and cut the round slices in half. Lightly sautee the pineapple in a non stick sauce pan which has been sprayed with a non stick spray just till heated through. The pineapple will turn more intense yellow. Serving fresh sauteeed pineapple is also great with a pork entree.
Leave a review or comment