Quick Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 2 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 c. buttermilk*
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1 pkt banana Quick Bread mix
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 x (6 ounce.) pkg. chocolate chips - 1 c.
- 2 x Large eggs -- slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400 . Grease 14 muffin c. or possibly line with paper baking c..**
- In small saucepan over low heat, heat unsweetened chocolate, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 Tbsp. of the buttermilk and 1 Tbsp. of the oil; blend well.
- In large bowl, combine quick bread mix and cocoa; mix well. Add in remaining buttermilk, remaining oil, chocolate mix, chocolate chips and Large eggs. Stir just till dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin c..
- Bake for 18 to 22 min or possibly till tops spring back when lightly touched. Immediately remove from muffin c.. Serve hot or possibly cold.
- Yield: 14 muffins
- Notes :* To substitute for buttermilk, use 1 Tbsp. vinegar or possibly lemon juice plus lowfat milk to make 1 c..
- ** Muffins can be baked in 48 miniature muffin c.. Prepare as directed above. Bake at 375 for 10 to 14 min.
Leave a review or comment